Skip to main content

The Biggest Japanese Pop Culture Event in Southeast Asia

Anime Festival Asia
Jakarta - Born in 2008, Anime Festival Asia (AFA) is the largest and most followed J-pop culture event in Southeast Asia (“SEA”) covering Singapore, Indonesia & Malaysia, with 9 festivals in the past 6 years exceeding 130,000 attendees in 2013. AFA has become a household name to J-Pop Culture lovers in the SE Asian region, and is the leading and most effective content delivery platform, centring around all things Japanese Pop Culture.

AFA only held once a year in Indonesia and go on for 3 days. The latest AFA was held on Friday 18th until Sunday 20th August 2017 in JIEXPO Jakarta. To get the ticket, AFA provided it via online and on-site. There are 7 exhibitions inside the event and so many booths there.

One of the main events on AFA called “I Love Anisong” is a singing concert which is filled by artist singer from Japanese. Different from before, AFA presented a new artist singer who have never performed in Indonesia before. 

I 💗 anisong concert looks
The first singer announced was Ami Wajima, a new anisong singer who has performed the opening theme for Mayoiga, Kuromukuro, and the second ending theme for Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters. Next is Kishidakyoudan and The Akeboshirockets band that have performed the theme songs for anime such as Highschool of the Dead and GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri.

The third artist announced is Konomi Suzuki, who performed songs for some popular anime series like Fairy Tail, No Game No Life, and Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.
Artist lineup
Shiena Nishizawa, another up and coming young artist who performed the theme songs for Kantai Collection and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, will also be performing. Tomohisa Sako (used to be known as ShounenT) who provided the songs for this season’s Natsume Yuujinchou Roku, as well as Pokemon Sun & Moon, Pokemon XY, and Pokemon XY&Z, will also be coming. Also, renowned utaite in Japan, kradness, will perform in this concert.

The last singer to be announced is Luna Haruna, a popular singer who performed theme songs for many popular shows like Fate/Zero, Monogatari Season 2, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, and Sword Art Online.

Hanif Aulia Ramadhan (19), a J-Pop Culture lover said, “I really like Japanese culture especially about J-Pop culture. AFA is the largest event for anime and manga lovers in Southeast Asia. Although I have not gone to AFA, I can feel that AFA is a perfect event for J-Pop Culture.”

Comments

  1. glad you put my name on there, unfortunately I cant see Luna Haruna, well maybe next time I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting my writing. I am to happy to hear that Hanif. There is Luna Haruna that I made in last two paragraph.

      Delete
  2. It may be a cool experience if I was there, gathering with people who have same hobbies like me. Someday, I will be there with my friends and it will be a priceless experience for me.

    Btw, nice information. At least I got some information about the event, even though I was not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting my writing. It's sound great if we can go together to the AFAID next year. I am happy that my writing gave you information about the event.

      Delete
  3. Such a great information you got there, Andrey. I'm one of those J-Pop cultures lovers (not too addict tho) and I feel excited just by reading your news.
    The concert picture is so stunning, it feels like I was there and swinging my lightsticks over them.
    Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to your next Japanese info. Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting my writing, Sherly. Glad to hear that you excited and feel the atmosphere just by read my writing. I'll tell you everything that you want to know about Japanese info. Teehee!

      Delete
  4. Good article, Andrey. Your coverage of Anime Festival Asia (AFA) is pretty good, but I'm afraid that you're too focused on the 'anisong' part of the festival. I think you should also covers other parts of Japanese Pop Culture like Anime, Manga, Cosplay, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting my blog, Ilhamdi. Thank for you suggestion about my writing. For the next news, I'll put everything that related to the topic.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Part Time Job, An Activity to Train Your Independent Attitude

Padang (10/6) - Nowadays, people assume that a part-time job or freelance is very important. The reason is simple from a part-time job, we got additional funds, and as an illustration for the real job. Part-time jobs are usually done by students who want to get extra money and to train an independent attitude. Fanny Yudia Putra (19), is an Andalas University student who is taking a part-time job as a shopkeeper in one clothing store in Padang. He already takes that job since he was in high school.  Feelings of distress and pleasure have passed him a lot. At the beginning of his part-time job, his parent did not agree with his decision to take a part-time job. But after a long discussion, his parent agreed with it. “At the beginning when I started to take a part-time job, I just kept it secret from my parent about the part-time job. But, my parent was leery of me because I was often late coming back home. Because of that, I told them everything and they disagreed with me. Af

How to Interview Someone

Interview is an activity to gathering information related to the topic that you choose by asking them. Before interviewing someone, you must make a deal with the interviewees   when the interview will be hold. Before interviewing someone, there are some tips how to interview someone that you must know to get a result what are you looking for. Open Vs. Closed Questions Asking open-ended questions is the best way to get the response you are looking for. For instance asking “do you enjoy your work?” is going a simple yes or no answer. But if you asking “what are you working on at the moment?” this is an open-ended question and it will give you a better answer. Ask Them to Repeat the Question If you ask “what is the best part of your job?” the answer will then start with the best part of my job is, etc. This technique will help you to remove the question from your video editing.   Prepare Your Questions   It’s good to prepare the question before the interviewi

KOI Disappointed Flag of Indonesia Reversed in SEA Games Guidebook

Guidebook SEA Games 2017 (Liputan6.com / Cakrayuri Nuralam) Kuala Lumpur – The chairman of Komite Olimpiade Indonesia (KOI), Erick Thohir is disappointed about the mistake of Indonesia flag picture which is reversed in SEA Games guidebook XXIX/2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In a  book titled,  special souvenirs,  which were distributed to invited guests, including State Minister for Youth and Sport Affairs, Imam Nahrawi during the opening ceremony of Southeast Asian Games held at Bukit Jalil Stadium, Kuala Lumpur, Saturday (08/19/2017), is obvious oversight of SEA Games 2017 committees. In page 80 of that book, the flag of Indonesia was reversed and became white red. The position of Indonesia’s flag was next on Malaysia’s flag. Indonesia's flag printed upside down is actually to signify the country that has hosted the SEA Games. In the below of Indonesia’s flag was clearly visible about the years when Indonesia became the host of SEA Games 1979, 1987, 1997, and 2011.